Terms & Conditions
1) You can access some areas of the site and services without submitting any personal identifying information. Nomada Urban Beach Hostel only collects personal identifying information upon the completion of any online forms including: bookings, contact us, feedback, and social media followings.
In order to complete a booking with Nomada Urban Beach Hostel, guests will be transferred to a third-party site where first and last name, email address, physical address with city, state and country included, as well as telephone number are required. Websites such as booking.com, expedia.com, and hostelworld.com are associated with Nomada Urban Beach Hostel as interfaces and have their own privacy policies included with their websites. Booking also requires a credit card number that will not be charged until arrival, and though online booking requires credit card information, cash payments are accepted.
ii) Contact Us
In order to contact us, your email address will be required. If you choose to contact our site location by telephone, any number will be disregarded unless otherwise put as a contact in the reservation form. Nomada Urban Beach Hostel asks that no personally identifiable or sensitive information is given via the ‘contact us’ link, and holds no responsibility for the safety of information given by that manner. If at any time, you need to edit the information made on a reservation that is not related to the date, room type, or number of guests, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the reservation number in the email.
Customer feedback is always appreciated by the staff at Nomada Urban Beach Hostel. Customer feedback via our website requires no personal identifying information. However, upon serious complaints that require investigative actions, you may be asked to provide such information as: your name, date of stay/date of incident, and contact information. Failure to provide this information will result in a case drop for the incident, as well as ‘flagged guest’ status in which the guest may lose the privilege to return to Nomada Urban Beach Hostel.
iv) Social Media
Nomada Urban Beach Hostel uses several outlets of Social Media, including: Facebook, Instagram, Blog sites, and Linkedin. Choosing to follow Nomada Urban Beach Hostel does not require the input of personal information, but does gives Nomada access to the personal information available via these websites. Any violation of policies related to each individual website will be handled by their administrators and not those of Nomada. However, Nomada Urban Beach Hostel does reserve the right to keep their social media pages free of any solicitation from other businesses, third party promotions, political associations, and illegal drug use and under-aged drinking.
Upon arrival, guests must provide a valid photo identification. Should the guest decide to pay in cash, the credit card used in the booking will remain on file for room deposit, the key deposit and deposits for other items that are to be returned at the end of the stay. Should guests choose to pay the deposits in cash, the amount of $160 will be due for the room and key deposit, stapled to a deposit receipt, and returned at the end of the stay.
1) Guests expecting to arrive between the hours of 10 pm – 7 am are considered late arrival. Guests arriving between 10 pm to midnight are asked to bear gifts to the hostel. Cultural items, books, or something uniquely representing the nomadacy in which our hostel stands for are welcomed, and all gifts are appreciated. Arrivals from midnight to 7 am will be asked to pay a late fee of $10. Our staff here at Nomada Urban Beach hostel are well traveled, and understand the difficulties that can arise in the process. As such we are more than willing to accommodate your arrival time given that we are warned with sufficient notice. Please double check your ETA and contact us immediately with any changes that will put your arrival outside of front desk hours.
i) If a guest’s arrival time runs late enough into the morning to be considered the next day, Nomada will change the reservation to not include the charge for the previous day, or be included for a fraction of the original price.
ii) Likewise, both early and late arrivals will be guaranteed space to store their luggage. However, space to sleep and storage/use in the kitchen will depend upon the occupancy of the hostel.
1) Individual guests can cancel up to twenty-four hours in advance without penalty and will be refunded immediately of any amount already paid, upon confirmation of the cancellation. Individual cancellations less than twenty-four hours will be refunded 80% of their booking.
i) If guests have booked with a third party such as booking.com or expedia.com, cancellation fees may apply according to their policies, but will have no affiliation or shared fees with Nomada Urban Beach Hostel.
ii) Group bookings of 10+ guests for events, Bachelor and Bachelorette parties will incur a fee of 20% of the full price for cancellations less than 72 hours. Group bookings of 10+ guests will incur a fee of 40% of the full price for cancellations less than 48 hours. Group bookings of 10+ will not be refunded for cancellations less than 24 hours.
iii) Both individual and group bookings that decide to cancel part way through their stay will be required to pay the full day of leave, as well as 20% of the price for the days remaining in the booking.
iv) Guests or groups forced to leave Nomada Urban Beach Hostel earlier than their leave date due to incompliance with hostel rules, federal or state laws, or considered a threat to other hostel guests and/or property will not be refunded any amount already paid or remaining. Nomada Urban Beach Hostel reserves the right to use the guests credit card deposit for any property damages up to the amount of $150. The guest will be notified of any property damage charges through the contact information given during booking.
A) Due to the nature of the hostel environment, no children under the age of 13 years old are allowed to stay at Nomada Urban Beach Hostel. Group bookings involving teenagers (i.e. for school or sports events), must be accompanied by chaperones with the ratio of teens to adults not exceeding 4:1. Anyone younger than 18 years and with unaccompanied reservations will not be allowed to stay. Please note that all members of a group will be carded if under suspicion of being a minor without a chaperone.
A) All guests of Nomada Urban Beach Hostel are guaranteed the services advertised on our website. This does not include services or amenities advertised by third-party websites. Likewise, any room booked with Nomada Urban Beach Hostel will be the same room received by the guest on arrival, as our company does not allow over-booking on any website at any time.
i) We try our best to work with neighboring businesses to provide our guests with parking, but cannot guarantee parking around the building. Please let us know ahead of time if you plan on renting a car so that we may try and work out something in advance.
ii) Any suspension of Nomada Urban Beach Hostel services due to weather or other natural disasters will be refunded without penalty, unless it can otherwise be rescheduled.
1) In regards to Rooftop Camping: During hurricane season (June 1 – November 30), guests are given sufficient warning of the possibility of heavy rain and winds. *We strongly recommend that guests check suspected weather conditions for the time of their stay* Our tents are durable enough to last through light storms, and it is to the guest’s discretion as to whether they are comfortable camping in that environment. Guests wishing to change their habitation part way through the stay to a Dorm Room will not be charged any addition fee for the transfer. Any other room will be charged the remainder of the price change.
2) In the case that the hostel is fully booked during this season and a guest wishes to change from a tent to a room, Nomada will work to find sleeping arrangements within the hostel, but no actual ‘room’ space will be guaranteed.
3) Upon this, Nomada Urban Beach Hostel reserves the right to cancel Rooftop Tent reservations on any date coinciding with warnings of possible hurricanes.
4) For the safety of our guests, the rooftop areas will be closed to terrace activities during heavy storms and/or hurricanes.
iii) Our hostel is not responsible for items lost or stolen outside of luggage storage and lockers. The property maintains functioning cameras in all public spaces to assure the safety of our guests and their belongings.
General Terms and Conditions
At Nomada Urban Beach Hostel, we strive to create a fun and safe environment for both our guests and community to enjoy. Our hostel provides multiple ‘hangout’ areas and the following rules and regulations are established for the safety and privacy of our guests.
A) In regard to the first-floor common room, second floor balcony, and rooftop terrace, ‘fiesta hours’ run until midnight 7 days a week. For the convenience of guests who have to wake up early or are exhausted from their journey, Nomada appreciates your understanding of quiet hours between 12 am – 7 am.
i) During ‘fiesta hours’ Nomada allows the consumption of alcohol on the property’s common areas, but strictly forbids the use of any illegal drugs, underage drinking, or consumption within the rooms. Please note the legal drinking age in Puerto Rico is 18.
ii) Smoking is allowed in designated outdoor areas including the rooftop terrace. Nomada asks that guests who smoke are conscious of other guests cooking, or who may have their room windows open.
iii) Due to the winding staircase and side rails, Nomada reserves the right to restrict access to the Rooftop Terrace to any guest exhibiting belligerent behavior from excessive drinking. For your safety and that of other guests, anyone not complying to this rule may be asked to leave without refund.
B) Each guest at Nomada Hostel is allowed 1 outside visitor to enter into the common areas of the property until 12 am. Upon arrival, visitors MUST SIGN IN AT RECEPTION and comply with the rules of our establishment.
i) Upon sign-in, the hostel guest takes full responsibility for the visitor and any damage done due to their presence.
ii) All visitors must be of 18 years of age or older.
iii) At no time is ANY visitor allowed to enter the rooms. Visitors must remain in the common areas, no exceptions! Guests found in violation of this policy will be asked to leave Nomada immediately without refund.
C) In order to avoid issues and for the overall respect of your roommates, sexual activities are strictly prohibited in the shared dorm rooms. If you would like to participate in such activities, Nomada offers private rooms that you may upgrade to throughout your stay.